The Crowcon Xgard line provides a broad assortment of fixed point gas detectors that suit the various needs of gas detection in industries all over the world. This comprises many water treatment, oil and gas, electricity, research, and manufacturing facilities. For a wide range of applications, Intrinsically Safe (I.S.) or Flameproof (Exd) variants are offered. Xsafe is a low-cost system for detecting combustible gases in safe locations such as boiler rooms, kitchens, and commercial buildings.
The Xgard uses multiple sensors including:
- Poison resistant pellistors for flammable gas detection
- Electrochemical sensors are used to detect toxic gases and oxygen
- Thermal conductivity sensors to monitor volume concentrations of gases
Low cost of ownership
- Designed for easy installation and maintenance to reduce additional costs
- Three junction box options, designed to make the replacement of sensors and sinters extremely simple. Spare sensors simply plug in and forget.
- Most spare parts are common to all Xgard models – keeps spares holding requirements to a minim
Flexible installation options
- The Xgard multi-gas detectors are designed for either wall or ceiling mounting, the need for additional brackets are eliminated with this.
- Can accommodate M20, 1/2″ NPT or 3/4″ NPT cable glands enabling it to suit all site requirements
- High-temperature models are available for extremely hot environments (up to 150oc)
- Accessories are available for duct mounting and sampling applications as well as remote gassing
Wide range of sensors
- Poison resistant pellistors, for all flammable detection needs including hydrocarbons, hydrogen, ammonia, jet fuel, leaded petrol and vapours containing halogens
- Electrochemical sensors are used to detect a vast range of toxic gases and oxygen
- Thermal conductivity sensors are available to monitor % volume concentrations of gases
Rugged and reliable
- Manufactured using a choice of three materials: glass-reinforced nylon, highly durable aluminium with a tough polyester coating, or 316 stainless steel for ultimate corrosion resistance – designed to operate even in the harshest environments
- Spray deflectors and weatherproof caps are available for use in areas subject to regular wash-downs, or offshore environments
- All models have been validated to the functional safety standard IEC 61508 (SIL 1 to SIL 3)
For additional details click here.